Version 0.3.0 of Kiln is now available! Kiln already monitors Tezos nodes and sends alerts when they run into an issue. This version introduces two additional layers: baker monitoring and Tezos release monitoring!
Kiln can now be used to monitor bakers! It provides:
- Notifications for missed blocks
- Notifications for missed endorsements
- Notifications if your baker goes inactive
- Your next baking or endorsing opportunity shown in Kiln’s dashboard
Simply provide the public key hash (PKH) of your baker and Kiln will begin monitoring it in the dashboard. Kiln does this without relying on a centralized service or data source - it only uses your nodes, keeping the Tezos network as decentralized as possible.
Tezos Release Monitoring: Know when Tezos is updated
Kiln now also tells you if an update has been pushed to Tezos! Staying up to date with the latest version of Tezos is highly recommended. With this notification in place, bakers can feel confident they have not missed any updates and are running the latest version of Tezos.
While the Tezos release notification is currently just an in-app alert, our next release will send a Telegram notification as well!
As usual, this version also includes performance and UI improvements, as well as some changes under the hood for future features.
We’re currently working on:
- Running a Node in Kiln - our main focus right now is running a node within Kiln, an important step towards baking.
- Alerts for Accusation of Double Baking and Double Endorsement - Double baking or endorsing carries a significant penalty. All security deposits your baker placed within that cycle are slashed, including security deposits placed after the offense. Knowing you were accused as soon as possible prevents you from placing additional security deposits susceptible to slashing.
Too Few ConnectionsAlert for Nodes - Bakers who are running nodes in Private Mode restrict their connections to a short list of peers. Losing some of these connections can be harmful to their baking operation, causing them to miss baking and endorsement opportunities. Bakers will be able to set a minimum number of connections for their node; if their connections drop below that level an alert will be triggered.